Free Kasasa Saver
Free Kasasa Saver®
Link this free account to your Kasasa® checking — and build savings automatically while earning high interest.
- Free account that builds your savings effortlessly
- Links to free Kasasa Cash®or Kasasa Cash Back® checking
- Automatic transfers of Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back earnings
- 0.75% APY‡on balances as much as $50,000
- 0.75% to 0.35% APY on balances over $50,000 depending on balance in account‡
- 0.01% APY‡on all balances if qualifications are not met in Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back
- No monthly maintenance fee
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- Free online & mobile banking
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Qualifications to Earn the Higher Rate
Qualifying for your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back rewards automatically qualifies you for the highest Kasasa Saver rate, too. Enrollments must be in place and all of the following transactions and activities must post and settle to your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- At least 1 direct deposit, ACH credit, ACH payment, or bill pay transaction
- At least 12 debit card purchases
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive eStatements
And if you don’t meet these qualifications, don’t worry — your accounts are still free. Plus, you’ll still earn our base rate on Kasasa Saver. And you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next cycle that you qualify.
Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the account's rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our bank as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our bank. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards.
"Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one (1) banking day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one (1) banking day prior to the last business day of the current statement cycle.
See our website, www.nbt.bank, or contact us at 817-759-9001 to speak to one of our branch service representatives for specific Monthly Qualification Cycle dates.
"Banking Day" means any day on which an office of the bank is open to the public for the purpose of carrying out substantially all of its banking functions or for processing.
"Business Day" means a calendar day other than a Saturday or a Sunday, January 1, the third Monday in January, the third Monday in February, the last Monday in May, June 19, July 4, the first Monday in September, the second Monday in October, November 11, the fourth Thursday in November, or December 25. If January 1, June 19, July 4, November 11, or December 25 falls on a Sunday, the next Monday is not a Business Day.
"Statement Cycle" means the period of time for which our bank provides a summary of the financial activities and transactions that post and settle to the accountholder's account. See our website, www.nbt.bank, or contact us at 817-759-9001 to speak to one of our branch service representatives for specific Statement Cycle dates.
Depending on what Kasasa account you have, you will receive the following rewards when you meet your account's qualifications during a Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Kasasa Cash: daily balances up to and including $20,000 in your Kasasa Cash account earn an interest rate of 1.982% resulting in an APY of 2.00%; and daily balances over $20,000 earn an interest rate of 0.149% on the portion of the daily balance over $20,000, resulting in a range from 2.00% to 0.460% APY depending on the account's daily balance.
- Kasasa Saver: daily balances up to and including $50,000 in your Kasasa Saver account earn an interest rate of 0.747% resulting in an APY of 0.750%; and daily balances over $50,000 earn an interest rate of 0.149% on the portion of the daily balance over $50,000, resulting in a range from 0.750% to 0.350% APY depending on the account's daily balance.
- Kasasa Cash Back: you will receive 3.00% cash back on up to a total of $300 debit card purchases that post and settle to the account during that cycle period. A maximum of $9 cash back payments may be earned per Monthly Qualification Cycle.
- You will receive reimbursements up to an aggregate total of $25 for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees incurred within your Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account during that Monthly Qualification Cycle. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM withdrawal fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction.
NOTE: ATM fee reimbursements only apply to Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back transactions via ATM; Kasasa Saver ATM transaction fees are not reimbursed nor refunded.
Depending on your Kasasa account, the cash back payments and/or nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your account will be credited to your account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
Depending on your Kasasa account, when your qualifications are not met, cash back payments are not made, nationwide ATM withdrawal fees are not reimbursed and:
Kasasa Cash: the entire daily balance in the Kasasa Cash account earns 0.01% APY.
If Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back are linked to Kasasa Saver, the following also apply:
Kasasa Cash: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the interest earned within the Kasasa Cash account does not compound since it, along with any nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements are, automatically transferred to the Kasasa Saver account within one day. This automatic transfer may cause an overdraft to your Kasasa Cash account, if the account balance is less than the transferred amount when the transfer occurs.
Kasasa Cash Back: When linked to a Kasasa Saver account, the cash back payments and nationwide ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements earned in your Kasasa Cash Back account will be credited to your Kasasa Saver account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
When your Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, the interest rate earned on the account's entire daily balance will be 0.010% resulting in a non-compounding annual percentage yield of 0.010% and ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded. In addition, the entire daily balance in the Kasasa Saver account earns an interest rate of 0.010% resulting in an annual percentage yield of 0.010%.
APY = Annual Percentage Yield.
APYs accurate as of 01/12/2022.
Kasasa Cash: APY calculations are based on an assumed balance of $20,000 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Cash account and an assumed statement cycle of thirty-one (31) days.
Kasasa Saver: APY calculations are based on an assumed balance of $20,000 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Cash account and 50,000 + $100,000 in your Kasasa Saver account and an assumed statement cycle of thirty-one (31) days.
Interest earned in Kasasa Cash and Kasasa Saver Accounts will be credited to the account on the last day of the current statement cycle.
Rates, rewards, and bonuses, if any, are variable and may change after account is opened; rates may change without notice to you.
No minimum balance is required to earn or receive the account's rewards.
Rewards less than a penny cannot be distributed. Fees may reduce earnings.
Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, log-ons and other requirements apply.
A $50.00 minimum deposit is required to open any Kasasa account.
At least 1 Monthly direct deposit, ACH payment, or bill pay transaction(s), 12 or more debit card transactions and eStatements are a condition(s) of Kasasa Saver's linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account(s).
Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, e-statements) and log-ons may be required to meet some of Kasasa Saver's linked Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account's qualifications.
Limit of 1 account per customer.
There are no recurring monthly maintenance charges or fees to open or close this account.
This account is not to be used for commercial purposes. If the account is closed, you will forfeit any rewards that have not been credited to your account.
A Kasasa Cash or Kasasa Cash Back account is required to have a Kasasa Saver account.
A linked Kasasa Saver account is required for automatic savings.
Advertised information and rewards are based on all account qualifications being met during each monthly qualification cycle period.
Contact one of our bank service representatives for additional information, account details, restrictions, reward calculations, processing limitations, cycle dates and enrollment instructions.
Kasasa, Kasasa Cash, Kasasa Cash Back and Kasasa Saver are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A.